This is one of the BEST times to get involved with regular exercise, and BWC has two great programs to meet your physical (and social) needs at this time:
The first, Arthritis Aquatics, is a water based class that addresses the most foundational need for all exercisers—pain free movement at each of your joints. This class if absolutely ideal if you:
- Enjoy the water and are looking for a gateway class to get involved with exercise again after a long layoff
- Have painful joints (arthritis) or muscles (fibromyalgia) and desire a form of gentle exercise that can ease the pain
- Desire the camaraderie of like-minded people to exercise regularly with you
- Need to strengthen and stretch your muscles and prefer doing so gently in a warm water environment
See what others had to say about the class here.
The second, Forever Fit, is a land based class that offers more opportunity for muscle strengthening, stretching, and cardiovascular fitness in a relaxed and friendly group atmosphere.
This class is right for you if:
- You recognize the importance of improving your overall fitness and wish to do so in a standard gym environment.
- You would like to learn how to use the exercise machines and put together your own strength and cardio program for good fitness
- You like to have a regular time to workout with other like-minded people.
- You would like a combination of instructor guidance, group exercise and personal training time in the same exercise session!
Learn more about the importance of strength for overall fitness over 50 here.